Ever been interested in buying a ring online but unsure how to measure your ring size? We'll detail how to walk you through the process of measuring your ring size at home using a printable ring size chart so you can find your perfect fit.
Why is Knowing Your Ring Size Important?
Knowing your ring size is crucial for a comfortable and secure fit. Too tight, and it can cut off circulation or become stuck. Too loose, and you risk losing your precious piece. Securing a perfect fit is key when selecting a ring, be it a personal purchase or a thoughtful gift.
How to Measure Your Ring Size at Home
Measuring your ring size at home is easier than you might think. All you need is a printable ring size chart, a ruler, and a ring that already fits you well.
- Print the Ring Size Chart: First, download and print the ring size chart in its actual size. Ensure that you set your printer settings to 100% to guarantee accurate sizes.
- Select a Ring: Choose a ring that fits the finger you plan to wear your new ring on. Remember that each finger may have a different size.
- Measure: Place your ring over the printed circles. Then you want to match the inside edge of the ring to the circle nearest in size. This measurement will refer to the diameter of the ring.
- Find Your Size: The ring size is typically the number closest to the diameter. If your ring falls between two sizes, it's generally better to size up for a comfy fit.
How to Measure Your Ring Size with a Tape Measure
If you don’t have a ring that fits well, you can always use a tape measure to find your ring size:
- Wrap a Piece of String: Wrap a piece of string (or a strip of paper) around your finger where you plan to wear the ring. Then measure the piece of string. You can use our pdf printable ring sizer strip [LINK TO PDF] to help you get an accurate size.
- Mark the Spot: Mark the spot where the string or paper meets to form a complete circle.
- Measure: Use a ruler or a tape measure to determine the length of the string or paper from the end to the marked spot. This measurement is the circumference of your finger.
- Refer to a Ring Size Chart: Refer to a ring size chart in inches or MM to find your ring size based on the measurement you just took. Make sure to measure the ring size by circumference.
Tips for Accurate Measurement
Here are some handy tips to nail that perfect measurement:
- Measure your finger when it's at its largest, usually at the end of the day.
- Don't measure when your body temperature is either hot or cold as finger size can change with temperature.
- If you're buying a wide band, consider going up a size to ensure comfort.
Are Men's and Women's Ring Sizes the Same?
The methods for sizing a ring are the same for both men and women. Regardless of gender, the process involves measuring the finger on which the ring will be worn to determine its circumference or diameter, which then corresponds to a specific ring size.
A ring size chart for women would be the same for men. Although men's rings are generally larger in size and width, it really depends on the individual. If you're looking for a unisex option, check out our Knotty Ring, a timeless piece that suits all.
Why Choose Dea Dia Jewelry?
At Dea Dia, we believe in the power of unique, handcrafted jewelry. From our stunningSerpent Ring to our simple yet elegant Wave Ring, we have something for everyone. Explore our ring collection to find your perfect piece.
Finding your ring size is easy with our printable ring size chart pdf [LINK TO PDF] and a few simple steps, you can easily find your perfect fit. Remember, the right fit is crucial for comfort and security. Don't let the mystery of measuring your ring size deter you from the joy of online ring shopping.
Can I use a string or piece of paper to measure my ring size?
Yes, you can, but it might not be as precise as using a ring size chart and a well-fitting ring.
Does ring size change with age?
Yes, it can. Factors like weight gain or loss, pregnancy, or arthritis can affect your ring size.
What if I'm buying a ring as a surprise?
Try borrowing one of the recipient's rings and use the printable ring size chart to determine its size.
What if the ring size seems to be different for different fingers?
That's normal. Each finger can have a different size, so always measure the specific finger where you plan to wear the ring.
What if I'm still unsure about my ring size?
When in doubt, a consultation with a professional jeweler can clear things up. They have specialized tools to accurately measure your ring size.
Got more questions or need a hand? Get in touch! We're here to guide you step-by-step on how to measure your ring size at home so you can find your perfect fit.